Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Saved Game Utility Minis

L'orbita Dantec

A new book due out in January 2012 by Maurice G. Dantec. Dantec is one of the writers to whom I owe more. And as time passes, I realize how much weight its influence on myself. When will the W in France (I do not have a date yet, sorry) I will try to make him have a copy. Not for him (if you know what makes my little book) but for me: I like to say "thank you" to those who taught me a lot (and then use it to clean the cage of the canary, so what is the canary Dantec!).
Everything that I have to tell you the expectations on that novel. But that's not what I want to talk to you.
I want to talk about how this book will be published.

Eye and cool because we're in dangerous territory and easy to misunderstandings. As usual when it comes to Dantec.

The news has left me thrilled. The new novel does not have a publisher. For a moment I thought to leave the country on Neptune. A world that does not believe in a world Dantec is really sad. So I'm aware. I asked him directly to his agent (Who an agent is a kind of adept ...).

And I understood.

Dantec is about to launch what we call "publishing house" ad personam ". In short, having broken his balls publishers decided to "self-produce." Words are important.
DK (agent Dantec) rejects the term "autopubblicazione. And he has good reason. To be able to manage alone Dantec refused an advance of half a million euro from big publishers in France.

Half a million.

Di.

Euro.

The new book will be released in ebook, but on paper. A Dantec the ebook does not like (uh, look ...) except as a corollary of the traditional book. You can find it on amazon.fr but also in libraries. Production, therefore, not autopubblicazione.

work?

In short I think so. Dantec is very famous, has an impressive following of readers, his books are drawn from the film. Also "Satellite Sisters" (title of the new book) is the continuation of his two masterpieces. There is mouth-watering. Add the factor of "novelty" and you're done.

work in the long run? I have no idea. I hope so for him, I hope that the fields at least three hundred years and then upgraded in heaven as the New Messiah Photovoltaics. But to make predictions is silly.

It 's a "precedent"? The future is "do as Dantec?



No. Why?

Because it is a situation difficult to reproduce. For three reasons.

1) Dantec is already recognized urbi et orbi (or believe that the EC give half a million in advance that the first pass?) And therefore can afford this and more. The reputation thus reduces the possibility of a lot to emulate.

2) Money. To build a "CE" ad personam "means that it has, or has supplied a lot of donors pecunia. Think of the cost of distribution, for example. This reduces even more operating space for those who want to get in "trail".

3) Most important of all: readers Dantec. Dantec readers are not casual readers. Hardly are those who buy a book just because it's on display. They want Dantec. Seek Dantec. Or belong to the kind of reader, "Hey, Surprise!" - Which gets the readers who have a dream. Players like these would follow him even if published on toilet paper. Only

Dantec, among all the writers that come to mind, has the right combination of these three factors.

Hats off, Mr. D.!

0 comments:

Post a Comment